Tuesday 14 July 2015

REVIEW: To Catch a Rabbit by Helen Cadbury *NO SPOILERS*

I would like to start this review by thanking the author, Helen Cadbury (awesome name by the way), for sending me a copy. This will be an honest review and no spoilers.

Firstly, the front cover makes a great first impression and especially as I was hesitant to read a crime novel as I don't usually enjoy them.
We follow the lives of Sean Denton, 'Doncaster's youngest PCSO'. I felt that he was a very relatable and sometimes awkward character. However, we really see him grow as a person throughout this book. Then, there is Karen who is probably my favourite character in this book. Early on in the novel we find out her brother is missing and her story and Sean's case mix together.

The crimes are all to do with the sex trade which makes the story, although quite dark, a very interesting read. Helen's descriptive writing is so engaging and I could really imagine a lot of the action as if it was in-front of me.

It was a quick paced book and a absolute delight to read for a review. I am really looking forward to the next instalment!

I might start reading some more crime novels!
Sofiee

No comments:

Post a Comment