Thursday 22 October 2015

What I Read in October



Reading wise October was a VERY good month, in total I read 16 novels/ comics. Here they all are with mini reviews... Check out my good reads for their star ratings.

-The Witches by Roald Dahl
(I listened to this and at times I read along too.. the reader's voices were brilliant!)

-The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut The Moon in Two by Catherine M. Valente
Cant WAIT for the book book in the series!

-Isle of The Lost by Melissa De La Cruz
This book is about the children of Disney villains... it was a nice quick read but I thought the ending was lacking.

-Carmillla by J.Sheridan Le Fanu
Finally read it... I originally bought this book in French by accident!

-Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol
A nice ghostly graphic novel!

-The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Anything from Neil Gaiman is a delight to read and this didn't disappoint.

-Interview With The Vampire Claudia's Story by Anne Rice
This is an amazing graphic novel which is mainly in grey scale but with deep reds for the blood.

-Mr Fox by Helen Oyeyemi
October is Black History month so I wanted to incorporate a novel about this... I went into this novel with no idea what is was about and it's not about Black History but it was a very interesting novel! I'm going to try and read The Colour Purple soon though.

-Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey
Interesting narrative with an unreliable protagonist.

-Fables: Legends of Exile
I have ordered the princess version of this comic, it was good.

-The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
I gave this book a five star rating on Goodreads... I LOVE this book!

-Skim by Mariko and Jillian Tamaki
Another good graphic novel, it wasn't the best one I've read but it wasn't the worst.

-5 to 1 by Holly Black
I also gave this book five stars on Goodreads. This novel is about the future... how there is not enough women so women are in power and get to choose their partners. Half of the story is from a woman's point of view before her arranged marriage which is in verse. The other half is in prose from one of the 'contestants' at the marriage tests.

-Lumberjanes: Beware The Kitten Holy by Stevenson, Ellis, Watters, Allen
I love Stevenson's artwork and quirkiness of this comic. The second one is on order!

-Ghostly by Audrey Niffengegger
I liked this collection of short stories, although some of the stories I wouldn't place them in the 'horror' genre. My favourites include: 'Secret Life, With Cats' and 'Click-Clack the Rattlebag'.  I finished it on Halloween and it was a suitable read.

-Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
I didn't think I would enjoy this book as much as I did. It was very gripping and interesting. I already had the third book in the series for some reason... I will be continuing to read these books next month at some point!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2015 (officially!)
Sofiee

No comments:

Post a Comment