Sunday 25 October 2015

THE BOOK CLUB (TBC) 1st Year Party!!!

Hello all,

I belong to a book club on facebook and it was their first year anniversary yesterday so the creator made a party in London. And what a party it was!

We were all greeted with a good bag and a glass of wine. In the goody bag there were three books and a couple of bookmarks. At the party there was a swapping table for anyone to bring a book and swap. I bought with two books from home to swap and I found some goodies on the table :). I ended up with eight books in total and an audio book, they are:

-THOR
(This is a book with five samples of up and coming syfi books)

-Sepulchre by Kate Mosse
(Author of the Labyrinth)

-Nearly Almost Somebody by Caroline Batten
(Signed by the author and I met her at the party she is lovely. Very excited to read this book!)

-Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller
(ARC copy... lots so good!)

-The Good Liar by Nicholas Searle
(ARC copy of a psychological thriller)

-The Darkest Secret by Alex Marwood
(ARC copy, my second crime thriller)

-The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler
(I can't remember if I have read this before so I might just read it again! The design is by Penguin By Hand... it's a beautiful copy)

-The Help Kathryn Stockett
(The cover is also by Penguin By Hand!)

-Love You Better by Natalie K Martin
(The audio book... I also met this author but at the end of the party so we didn't really get to chat)

I felt very lucky with all of these reads. Wine and books... what more could a girl want!

Watch out for some reviews soon...
Sofiee

No comments:

Post a Comment