Tuesday 21 June 2016

Independent Book Shop Week 2016!

Hello lovely people!

I have been busy putting content up on YouTube: Sofieeloves10. Check it out please!
I now have a ELCAF haul and my Tome Topple wrap up on there.

So on Saturday I went to Colchester to visit Red Lion Books. There had some special things happening for Independent Book week. Firstly, they had a Lucky Dip giving out ARCs. I received Foxlowe by Eleanor Wasserberg and it looks super interesting!

The event that they were hosting was 'Book Therapy' by the lovely Eloise (shown below). Eloise asks you questions about what genres you enjoy, what books you read as a child and more. We had a lovely chat with coffee and cake. She suggested several books and gave me one, Not Forgetting The Whale by John Ironmonger. The other recommendations were: The Circle by Dave Eggers, Humans by Matt Haig, Golem and Djinni by Helen Wrecked, A Visit from Going Squad by Jennifer Egan and finally Bel Canto by Ann Pratchett.


Eloise does monthly book subscriptions and her information, if you wish to contact her, is...
Phone: 07769890607
Email: eloisebooksforyou@gmail.com


Later on that day we went to my local independent book shop, The Book Inn. My dad kindly bought me The Boy Who Sailed Across the Ocean in an Armchair by Lara Willianson which was nominated for #IBW awards.

Happy Independent Book Week!
Sofiee



Eloise's information
The cake and coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment