Sunday 8 November 2015

Shall I do NaNoWriMo?

I have a dilemma.
I want to do NaNoWriMo and I have started with a very small 913 words but my imagination seems to be lacking. I am still taking part in the Short Story course and currently on week 5 of 8 but I still haven't submitted any work. HELP.

So this post is about combining the two... For the course I am working on character development. However, my novel for NaNoWriMo at the moment is titled 'How We Met' and contains two extracts of romance stories written in different ways.

Extract one:
'PING
I’m woken up by a friend request from Peter Jenkins.
This guy is persistent. I should probably accept as we’re working for the same company. I know I’m going to regret this later.
YOU ARE NOW FRIENDS WITH PETER JENKINS.'

Extract two:
'The circumstances were not brilliant, granted. You seemed to take a shine to me. You stood there smiling at me like you know something I didn’t. I thought you looked quite ‘chavy’ in your low slung jeans, Abercrombie and Fitch top and spiked hair. But you wouldn’t leave, you drunk fool and I do love gingers.'

At the moment I am writing anything that my unhelpful mind is spewing out so please don't judge.

How is everyone else getting along? I need some inspiration!
Sofiee

No comments:

Post a Comment