Tuesday 2 June 2015

Recent Reads

Here's what I've been reading last week:

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

This is a really easy and nice read. About a girl 'Cather' moving to college and her struggles, a little bit of a becoming of age novel. I loved Levi's character and I thought the fan fiction aspect was a great way to break up the chapters. However, I would have like to have more character building for Nick so he could be perceived as a true villain. Also, I feel that the could be a sequel [SPOILER] where we see Levi and Cather's relationship develop?


I, Robot by Issac Asimov

Although the movie I, Robot is based on this novel the two are nothing a like. I liked the concept of the robot rules and how they can be interpreted. There are similar concepts within Do Androids dream of electric sheep? I thought some of the chapters/ mini stories were a bit boring and I didn't really understand Powell and his co worker's characters. But as a whole this is an interesting book and if you love sci-fi read it.

I'll have more reviews next week,
Sofiee

No comments:

Post a Comment